Sunday, January 23, 2011

Sunday morning musing

TODAY'S CONTEMPLATION

To have that sense of one’s intrinsic worth which constitutes self-respect is potentially to have everything.
-- Joan Didion

I had a good day at bridge yesterday. Seeing old friends was good. Looks like I retain a little of the old skills but the amount of concentration necessary to play well over all the hands were taxing to say the least.

Today I recall the case about that girl who had her win declared as a draw during MSSPK. Her parents didnt stand up for her. Their argument is that then she will become a future target.

My argument is that if you dont stand up to bullies, they will always continue to pick on you. That is the nature of predators. They always prey on the weak. And they wont change because you cringe away from them. Think on this. I will cover more later.

No comments:

Post a Comment