Saturday, October 20, 2012

Interview with IM Lim Yee Weng with games.

Read here.

Yee Weng is the only IM we have that I see as still serious and training hard to move forward so this is really a good interview in learning how not to give up. I find him a well grounded young man although I do not agree with him that there was any selection for the Olympiad. That was obviously the biggest fraud perpetuated on the Malaysian chess community in recent times. However I believe that if there was a proper selection we would still find Yee Weng on the team. He is a good example to emulate.

Note: Yee Weng has no fear of showing his games. This to me is because he believes he is continuing to improve and learn. You will find all strong players with this mindset. This is important if you are not to be captive to fear.

No comments:

Post a Comment