Wednesday, February 23, 2011

ACBO Part 3

Ref: Here.

So we should be grooming officers and gentlemen. Not GI's. The GM will come from strong character. I find that best exemplified by the National Juniors. All we have to do is to nurture more evolved reasoning and judgement and I believe they will excel and achieve.

I really dont know who will be our first GM but I think he will display some of the nobility of spirit of a Nabil, the generous spirit of a Sumant, the fighting spirit of a Syakir, Zhuo Ren, Li Tian, Eng Chiam, Edward Lee etc. etc.

Of course I am not saying that the seniors dont have any of these qualities. I dont know many of them that well.

But I do know this. A negative culture can destroy them over time. A negative culture can wipe out a whole State full of players. I have seen many young candles snuffed out. This is what I am asking us to be careful of. The evidence is there in abundance. All we have to do is to look.

No comments:

Post a Comment