Tuesday, September 14, 2010

When we acknowledge our weaknesses

Part of the training I give to Mark is to always admit his weaknesses. Actually when you do it does not mean you are weak. It just means you have a weakness to overcome. I tell him, nobody is born strong and only when you overcome your weaknesses can you be strong. We are all work in progress.

Of course some people do not agree. They hide their weaknesses. And in doing so they remain weak. Actually admitting weaknesses is a sign of strength. It's a sign of confidence. It says, I may be weak now but at some point when I overcome I will be strong.

So I tell Mark, dont be afraid to experiment, dont be afraid to tell others what your opening is. If you want to be strong in the mental game you must conquer your imagined fears. Dont hide in the dark where the light dont shine. You can only slowly wilt and die.

No comments:

Post a Comment