Monday, September 20, 2010

Lets face facts

I have been asked a few times where do I stand on Hamids bid for the Secretary post in Fide. I have kept silent on this issue but I think I need to speak up. Lets look at the evidence. The Hamid/Najib team have done well at Datmo. We must give them that. There was a lot of skill displayed there. Skills we can all be proud of. But we also have to weigh that against the evidence of the tournaments that Hamid supported in Perak. The first of the series was evidenced by a very flawed cross table. When I pointed that out it was quickly removed. Maybe they thought no one would check. I also have to weigh it against the fact that my unconstitutional removal from PICA is very probably orchestrated by Hamid. He and Greg were the only ones present during the meeting where Dato asked me to organise the event. But that is also not so damning. I am not that important in the larger picture. But then I also remember that during Hamids time, no accounts were forthcoming from MCF. That culture is replicated in Perak. Hmmmmmmm

And from what I can see of Ignatius, there is more evidence that he can bring concrete results. We are talking of world level here. They will set the tone for everyone else. So my answer is this. Under Dato's tutelage, Hamid did not learn how to administer and grow an organisation. But he has learned how to run Dato's tournaments well.

So on balance I dont think he has the skill sets yet for a larger arena. Maybe he needs to come back here and do a good job with the things he missed out before he tries to take on more.

Personally I like the man. But he is not ready yet although I would not say that I support Ignatius either. I just do not know enough about the man.

No comments:

Post a Comment