Monday, September 13, 2010

When the mind is still

I once played in an International Bridge tournament conducted online. My partner and I were a scratch pair having quickly come together for the event. I think we came in second. :) A long time ago. But thats not the story. Another pair came in first. A Japanese lady who is perhaps the best player in Malaysia. So we came in second and Sawada and partner came in first in Malaysia. She was also first in Asia pacific and third worldwide. My partner and I came in around 1,500 placing worldwide. Average.

My point? When you watch Sawada play there is no noise in her mind. I think that is the best way to describe it. Hard to explain but when you watch her you'll understand. When she plays it feels like you can hear a pin drop. Her mind is so silent. No emotions. But super super sharp. No resistance. Congruity of mind, body and spirit. She also trains the Japanese ladies in Malaysia in bridge but wont take on Malaysians. I think I may know why. Some of the Japanese ladies tell me of her training regiment. I think many of us wont make the cut.

That is mental training.

No comments:

Post a Comment