Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Reply to Mamak Chess again.

Ref: Here.

Thank you for your clarification. Perhaps it would be good for you to say who you are. Normally I do not engage anonymous people but I have made it an exception in your case since you bring up a much debated issue long after the debate has been completed.

And I also see that you may be trying to deflect from 2 very important issues before us today. And those are the issues of selection and the upcoming MCF AGM.

This begs the question if you are trying to part of the solution or part of the problem.

As far as I know Mamak gang is part of the Kelantan group and so I asked about it since you also use part of their name in your blog. Why ask racial questions? Have I not stood on issues irrespective of race? Do I keep quiet if the case is about Jimmy or Greg? So please do not muddy the water anymore.

We need to focus on issues that affect all Malaysians. We are talking about right and wrong. We are talking about decisions that can take us forward and decisions that will keep us lost for another 30 years. And we are talking about chess.

So I will say a little more. Sumant had been training with us for some time already. Nearly 2 years. And if you had followed closely, he never denied this right until Malaysian Open 2011. And that was only when his mother could no longer take the attacks on her son.

And so you cannot see the power of intimidation. In finality we saw that the intimidation also came from MCF. I think that was the straw that broke the camel's back. Logically, can it be that Sumant came to train Mark for SEA games selection? Mark was not in the selection.

If you look even closer you will see that Jun Feng was not on the list of qualifiers. But Greg stopped at Jun Feng and then brought in someone from the outside the criteria.

A piece of new information. Both the boys signed an enrollment form to join FGM which I still have. But this has always been my stand. I never allow my players to go against their parents. So if the mother objects, it is case closed for me as far as them being my students. But I can still talk about my training. Can you understand the difference?

As for Zhuo Ren, that was his first time with us. So he joined and then he changed his mind. That is OK. But you do not see that it can also be intimidation. If you follow the timeline, his email to Jimmy came directly after going home from my place. So mere hours apart. Doesn't this suggest that there is the possibility that he may have been used for just that purpose? We cannot see into anyone's mind but we can learn to reason.

But all this is water under the bridge. We cannot change the past but we can still make decisions today that can change our future. I still believe that the boys will one day tell the truth. But this cannot be from my instigation. This must be because they feel and believe that that is the right thing to do. In my eyes, that will also be the day they become men and true Champions.

So you have my answer Mamak Chess. If you want to engage me further then please state your name. For all I know you could be the same anonymous person that writes on Jimmy's blog. And I think most of it is him anyway. Does this make sense? Is that logik?

ps: I think the best way to settle this debate is to stop the intimidation of parents and players; have proper selection and stop the attempts at banning. Then we will see if FGM's methods are rubbish or not. No need to debate anymore. Let the chess board decide. Is that logik too Mamak Chess? Do you support this solution? Don't you want that chance to show my methods do not work? And from a non chess player but one who knows how to think? Don't you want the chance to prove me wrong in the only way all chess players can accept? On the board.

A very good way to start is if you support good selection criteria. Maybe you have a method, maybe somebody else has a better method. But the only way to prove it is on the board. Isn't that also logik? So can we see your next posting as one that supports the refutation of FGM on the chess board instead of all this mud slinging? Do you agree? Please see below.

No comments:

Post a Comment