Sunday, May 27, 2012

Part 3 of the rise and fall....

Ref: Here.

I would like to see any Malaysian going for a GM run.

But this is partly how I would evaluate their chances. First I would see the company he keeps. As they say, "birds of the same feather flock together". I would also like to see how open their minds are to new ideas. His display of venom against any one who wants to explore new training methods, his orchestration of the attacks against an attempt to train the juniors before International competition etc. tells me more about who he is today.

His total intolerance to questions and his support of Peter's attempt to "ban" a National player because he did not like the questions of his father also speak volumes.

That and his training for SEA games by playing the Veterans of Malaysian Open speaks loudly.

There are many people who pretend at sophistication. I know many who display big books and speak smatterings to sound intelligent. But it's just an illusion.

Furthermore I see many of the anonymous comments as written by Jimmy himself. So I am concerned about the "Jimmy method" if this is the final product. As you know I send all my readers to him. I do not cut and paste or try to distort. So what is Jimmy showing us on his blog?

What do you think the Chess Community is seeing? As they say, the proof of the pudding is in the eating.

So very honestly I wouldn't hold my breathe or bet on this horse. The evidence shows me that he is a very bitter person way past his prime and hell bent on making sure no one surpasses his 1986 achievement. (Although that does not deserve the accolade of Asia's best or one of the best in my eyes.)

Note: Actually we see the "Jimmy method" reflected in almost every facet of our chess culture. Why do you think no one dared to ask about the criteria at NC2012? How can we progress in this climate?

No comments:

Post a Comment