Sunday, May 6, 2012

FGM endorses Jax Tham.

Many parents have asked me who I would recommend as a trainer. Of all the trainers I have worked with in Malaysia I would say Jax for those in Selangor or KL.

Now that is not to say that he is perfect. He doesn't seem to have a proper structure and his approach is not the most systematic. But he has the technical knowledge.

My greatest concern as a mind coach is if the players are psychologically damaged, if their spirit is broken. It takes many years to undo the damage even if it is possible. At least with Jax, I am fairly confident that won't happen.

I heard from a parent that Nigel Short recommended using the internet as the way forward for Malaysians when he was here recently.

The greatest danger to a child by uncaring trainers is if they are broken. This problem will afflict them lifelong. They can see improvements from any technical trainer but they will hit a wall if they are robbed of their confidence.

I am sure that is not what you want for your child.

No comments:

Post a Comment