Wednesday, May 2, 2012

From father to son.

In 2001, when Mark was 8yo, I bought him a book and I used to read the stories in it to him. Allow me to share one below.

The turtle and you.
There are many things that limit men
And make an old man cry,
But none as sure as when he knows
He didn't even try.

No man who tries can a failure be,
At least not in my eyes.
The only man I'd call a failure
Is the man who never tries.

Our life's much like the turtle's life,
For if his moves you'll check,
He never takes one step ahead
Till he first sticks out his neck.

I hope you enjoyed that story as much as I had liked reading it many years ago and today as well. I just saw the book again after many years and I would like to share from it from time to time. The book is titled "For my son" by George E. Young if you want to look for it yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment