Friday, October 1, 2010

A heads up

The exercise below wont be fun for many. It depends on how much baggage you have and how strongly you are motivated. Read here.

It is amazing how the mind tries to trick itself. See the description of my own battle. At the time of the writing, I was facing possible bankruptcy and trying desperately to turn my online business around. So if you ask me if I just suddenly saw the solution, the answer is no. I fought myself every step of the way. I wanted the easy answers but there were none. Read this.

I recall what my former boss Mr Yan said to me. Read here. He said he liked bankrupts. He said their minds were very clear. At that time I didnt really understand what he meant.

But I will say this. If you can join the dots, if you can overcome your own resistance to change you will be a strong chess player. I see changes in myself even today. I play very little chess so my measure is Bridge. I have stopped for over 10 years now. Havent picked up a book on it or improve technically. But looking at my own games online recently, I can say that I now play at a higher level than I have ever played before. I am looking forward to playing competitive bridge again in KL soon. I have missed that.

So I want to encourage you here. It is not easy but you will get results if you go down this road. If it is easy then we would already have GM's coming out the yazoo. If you are hunting for elephants then you have to go to where the elephants are. We have been looking at the wrong place. Borrowing a page from Debono, take a short journey and dig for that oil there. Move laterally. Do the exercise below.

No comments:

Post a Comment