Friday, October 22, 2010

I screwed up

I have completed the basic force field analysis. Before I move on to "competitors analysis" which defines what we are up against, there are a few more matters to round up.

In my previous postings on Counselling vs Coaching and in my inner child work, there is one defining turning point. And that happens when we say the words..."I screwed up". That sentence is the beginning of taking personal responsibility. And until that happens we will be using all our intelligence towards making excuses, blaming others. (Hence the inability to learn.)

And until that happens, we will still remain in the counselling stage, the drama stage. This stage is no fun. A lot of energy poured into going nowhere. If we look at our chess community today, is that what we see? A lot of noise signifying nothing.

All our energy goes towards defending an indefensible position. The outside community is but a reflection of what is going on inside us. I know this is hard to accept. So I suggest you prove it to yourself first. Look inside yourself when you next play chess. See the noise inside that is preventing you from seeing the board clearly. Remember, almost all of your loses is due to imagined fears and not technical. See what you were thinking at the moment, before the moment, you lost concentration. Were the thoughts relevant to the winning of the game? It is these thoughts you need to examine for it is these thoughts that lead to the loss. Clearer now?

No comments:

Post a Comment