Thursday, October 21, 2010

Anyone can ask a question but not everyone has the right to speak.

Read this.

Anyone can ask a question to an official of an NGO or about any organisation that participates in any activity with them. And you should be clearly answered. That has always been our stand.

But not everyone has the right to speak. In a court of law, expert opinions are given weightage. That means that the person has done extensive research on the topic or has extensive experience in the subject matter. However the person's credentials and track record is first displayed and verified. However in our Chess blog culture today we have many people hiding under the guise of pseudonyms or are simply anonymous. And under these guises they purport to be experts or have inside knowledge and then they cast aspersions on other peoples dignity and reputation.

There is no law against stupidity, laziness to think or inability to read or reason. There is no law against psychological abuse although we are now much more aware of physical abuse. The only remedy currently available for psychological abuse is by raising the awareness of its ill effects and using the moral authority thus gained to prevent its further occurrence. Prophylaxis.

But there is a law against slander. And it is a well established law.

I have just come back from KL where this is the very topic of discussion. Rationality, Terminator, and anonymous...do you know that you can be tracked down? It requires no special effort. So I hope your sources will back your slander. Terminator, I hope your people in PICA and MCF will continue to back you here. My opinion was sought at the meeting and I encourage the initiative to track down the slanderers.

Chess is supposed to make our players smart, or at least that is what we advertise. What happened to you guys? Have you such low regard for your own name and dignity that you think others are like you? Has so many years of intimidation of helpless people blinded you to the fact that this time you are playing with people who can fight back? Open your eyes. These people you have taken on are not without resources and are not helpless kids or frightened parents. Welcome to the real world.

I am not the initiator of this discussion but I really hope action will be followed through. I think its about time this nonsense stops. All the lies, half truths and innuendos shot from the dark.

3 comments:

  1. R,
    I believe they slander because they have lots of time to waste. Because they can. And because they have not met their match yet.

    Therefore, I believe we should waste our time, a golden resources, in answering to them. Unless you believe you can defeat them in the court of law. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe this time they have met their match. I wouldnt lay my bets on them. :)

    But anyway, I am not the initiator. I am merely reporting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My personal opinion is that it may not even be necessary to go that far. These people are cowards, it may just be enough to expose who they are to end the mischief. But thats just me.

    ReplyDelete