Thursday, August 30, 2012

Olympiad R2- FGM commentary.

What a far cry from our last Olympiad!! Fighting chess at last. As I have said, today's chess is very different from the chess of yesteryear. Netherlands with their Super GM's are also falling in R2. So we no longer need to be intimidated by big numbers if we are able to perfect our competitor analysis.

Well done Jimmy, good sacrifice. Now we know you can stand against an older and declining 2200 FM. Aren't you glad you went to play at Datmo rapid now? Some chess player said that a good thrashing at the right time does wonders for your game. It's about confronting your fears Jimmy, your demons. Now that you have done that and have a truer sense of your level, I hope you will continue to forge forward.

I don't know where you got the notion that I hate you Jimmy. I don't hate you, I am just not impressed by your lack of intellectual honesty, by your cheap manipulations and by the way you swindled your place from the other strong chess players. You see, I am not worried if you play fighting chess when you fight for Malaysia. I am only worried if you go down without a fight. Keep it up.

If you come back to Malaysia with your courage still intact, we hope to meet you on the table in healthy competition. For only then will you be a worthy adversary. All my best for the rest of the tournament. Remember, its only over when the fat lady sings. Good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment