Sunday, July 10, 2011

Visit to PICA's tournament at Syuen.

We decided to take a short break from training for the Malaysian Open and go and visit the PICA tournament. I think its been about 2 years since I last attended one of their tournaments. It was good to see so many Perak players again. Some of the kids have grown. Wow! And the old timers are still there.

The first thing I have to report is that PICA now uses swiss manager but that is a minor point. The major impression is a new atmosphere in the tournaments. I did not experience the oppressive atmosphere that used to pervade PICA tournaments of yesteryear from the arbitrary eviction of players because an official don't like them and all the other shenanigans that used to go on.

Some of the people that used to abuse their powers are still present but they no longer seem in control anymore. In fact they seemed very shrunken today.

This is good for Perak Chess. I hope this healthier PICA continue to grow from strength to strength. And I hope they will not easily forget past mistakes so it does not rear its ugly head again.

As for my unconstitutional sacking? Well that is something I still hope will addressed at some point. It remains a black mark in their history.

No comments:

Post a Comment