Wednesday, April 9, 2014

A possible reason why Mark Siew was rejected from this KL Open.


This is pure speculation on my part as I cannot read their minds so I will present the facts and you can judge for yourself. From very early on I was assured that Mark would be able to play at KL Open. And I suppose they thought I should be happy with that outcome.

But I wrote back. I said I did not want special favours to enter KL Open. Put up the criteria and we will apply just like any other qualified player in Malaysia. And that begun a flurry of email exchanges etc. I have never accepted the back door in my life and this will not be the first time.

And so finally the money was returned to us at National Close. I think that was a good thing. Better not to play one tournament than to be turned into a kangkung is my view.

No comments:

Post a Comment