Tuesday, January 19, 2010

What is the Vision?

As I have mentioned before I am apolitical. What I see happening in the Country is sad. As one of my readers mentioned earlier, leave politics outside of chess. And I couldn't agree more. I do not want to add to the din outside. I would like to be part of something that builds.

I think it may be possible to plant a tree in chess. A tree that shows what we can accomplish as a Nation if we all work together. My friends call me an optimist. But I think it can be a reality.

This is what I see. We have a history of the spirit of muhibbah, with the exception of a very few bad apples. We also have a collection of some of the best brains in Malaysia. And I am confident if all that IQ is brought to bear on this "little" problem of producing our First GM, it can be solved and solved soon.

So lets leave politics to the politicians, lets just plant this small tree as a seed of what our Country can be and can do.

I have just come back from a meeting with a sponsor where I articulated the very thoughts mentioned above. He didnt throw me out of the door. He quietly listened and asked me to come back with a paper. I have an investor for the chess school, she didn't throw me out of the door either or call me a mad person. So I think it is possible. We can call this the chess rakyats 1Malaysia project. The name doesn't matter. It's the spirit and will behind it that does.

No comments:

Post a Comment