Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Don't lose the big picture

Why did you get involved in chess? I got involved because I wanted my son to play a game that would nurture his creativity, develop his thinking skills and confidence. To be a better citizen and to contribute back to our society. He may or may not want to be a GM but if he wants to then I will do all that I can to help him achieve that. And if he does not he will still learn to be a better man. Better than his dad.

And for that I poured my money, my resources, my time, my contacts and my efforts into chess. Not only for my son but for all the other kids too. Because for him to achieve all that he will need a nurturing and positive environment.

I believe this is possible if we all work together. Don't let this ideal be hijacked, don't lose sight of the big picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment