Friday, April 6, 2012

Thank you Eddy for your post.

Ref: Here.

Thank you for reminding me of Association politics. It's been a while. Lets put this in context. I had only just joined the committee of PICA after losing the election for President to Chan by one vote.

Note: I take that to mean that nearly half of PICA membership voted for my agenda.

My platform as delivered in my speech before the election was for change. The need to stop match fixing and to bring PICA back into the national main stream. Up to that time there were only a few Perakians who played at National Close and Merdeka Team event. And we had no presence in NAG or National Junior.

So yes one of the first things we deliberated at the selection committee which comprised of me as Chair, Zaki Mahmud (PT Perak) and Chan (President) was how to encourage Perakians to enter the national main stream again.

All those names were submitted among others to be considered but Sumants name was not there. So I suppose you brought this up for your own motive and this is not about the Sumant case.

Anyway there were no dispute over the names except for Mat Zaki Yeop. It was argued that he should not be included. I argued in his defence saying that he was the only Perakian that flew the Perak flag for many years when there were zero Perak representation. And I felt he should be rewarded for his loyalty to the State since he had done that for years on his own dime.

Yit San was also passed by the committee. So that made up the 4 names.

I know this is a far cry from what you are used to when one man made all the decisions and as a parent you are unable to see beyond your personal bias. The submitted names were deliberated on and we presented our arguments and reasons to the committee members. But the final decision was unanimous.

So what is your point? That I over stepped my authority? I only argued for one person and that was Mat Zaki Yeop and yes maybe his inclusion was because I convinced the other 2 members. Isn't that how a committee is supposed to work?

But let me say here what I would have done if Mark's name was the one in dispute, which it was not. I would have walked out of the room and allowed the other 2 members to make the decision.

I think you are just trying to manipulate this situation for your own ends. And that is despicable.

Aren't you being disrespectful to Zaki Mahmud and Chan by saying they were manipulated?

Are you saying that your opinion supersede all of ours? God complex? Are you saying that your knowldege of chess and its development outstrips all of us? Then why didn't you join the committee? You joined and quit and joined and quit again and again.

Aren't you trying to use Mrs Demudu misunderstanding to sow more discord? Sumant's name was never in and nobody had any part in removing his name.

No comments:

Post a Comment