Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Important notice: MCF AGM- Challenge for the top post.

You may be wondering why I have been trying to explain the issues so carefully. Actually I have been hearing for about a week or so that there is now a "serious" challenge for the top post. In fact there may even be more than one challenger.

I think this is an important event for all stakeholders of MCF; which is the entire chess community. So do follow this blog closely and carefully as I take you through the issues over the next few days.

The first point that I will raise today is that MCF's AGMs is usually a top secret affair. Have you noticed that? Only a select few are informed. Even among the affiliates commitee and office holders. So you may suddenly find you have a new President and you won't even know that it has happened until it is announced.

The date according to some is in May. Which day? Again a national secret known only to the Secretary. So I think the first thing we should ask for is the specific day. And made known with enough time for the potential candidate/s to prepare. Don't you think that is fair?

Another point. Please note that FGM does not endorce anyone. I agree there should be a contest for the top post. But my believe is that the post should go to the person that can give us the conditions that I will discuss over the next few days.

I hope this won't frighten away the challenger/s. Fight only if you can make a difference for all and not just for you and your cronies. So I hope we won't have an opportunistic affair where one dud is replaced by another.

In the meantime please read this again. Here.

No comments:

Post a Comment