Monday, April 30, 2012

On responsible blogging.

Ref: Here.   And Here.

Responsibility, response ability. The ability to respond. That has always been the tenet of FGM and I believe it is also reflected in its blogging.

I remember a conversation with another PICA committee member. He chastised me for writing negative things about PICA. I told him this. I am not against anyone or any organisation. Do good things and I will write about it. Do funny things and I will write about that too. Without fear or favour.

I am always interested in the views of MCF officials, of our arbiters. I want to see if they are biased or if they are fair. And I merely act as a mirror to their actions by asking questions.

And so if they cannot see their own faults or weaknesses or see any weaknesses in the other officials then I think their judgement is suspect. And I would be cautious in accepting any of their findings.

You have seen the myriad of lies and slander spread on the blogs against FGM and me. I have furnished the evidence and yet there has been not a single apology or retraction.

In fact if you look closely I have merely defended ourselves from the lies and I have asked questions but I have not initiated an attack.

The fact is that these people have done the damage to Malaysian chess. They attacked the training to the juniors, they attacked the thematics and they attacked the juniors. And yet not one word has been written about those transgressions by "responsible" bloggers.

So they cannot respond.

The use of intimidation and lies to keep us from the truth. And now almost all the "players" have revealed their hands. Look back. Was there ever a retraction or admittance of mistakes?

So what is reponsibility? The responsibility to protect the organisation. Both Najib and Andrew have been paid by FGM in the past for services rendered. Do they have a responsibility to us?

FGM responded to the possibility of match fixing by informing the proper authorities for SEA games selection. FGM did what it could to protect their players by forming a team around the player that was unfairly kept out of the Malaysian team at Malaysian Open.

I did what I could. That was the extent of my ability to respond. And I blog. But what about their responsibility? To the national players, to tell the truth to all the stakeholders.

Andrew, I think you have lost the right to talk about responsibility. I think you are now just a pawn in their game. Or maybe you are even a "power player" now. You control the portal. Good luck.

As for Marcus, if you cannot see the harm done by Peter to both the chess community and to you, what can I say? If he was/is the great employer you say he is, I do not think you will be where you are now.

So where has the hate come from Marcus and Andrew?

No comments:

Post a Comment