Friday, April 6, 2012

Dear Mrs Demudu.

Ref: Here.

Dear Mrs Demudu,

I regret your posting on Jimmy's blog. For that forces me to answer you here.

If you read my postings carefully you will see that I am not attacking Sumant. I have acknowledged many times in my postings that he was the one that helped Mark in the beginning. For example, Ref: Here.

Sumant was with me for around 4 to 5 days for SEA games training. And during that time your husband was consulted every step of the way. I have asked him and Sumant to speak to you and explain what we did but I guess that didn't take place. But that is your internal affair.

If you want the truth of the matter do speak to Sumant and ask him if what I said is true or not.

Anyway about the matter of him not being selected by PICA, I have explained to you many times but I will do so again here. When I am an official of an Association I do not play favoritism. I was one of 3 members of the selection committee (although I was the Chairman) and Sumants name was not tabled as he was not considered by them to be a Perak player.

I do not bring my personal favorites in just because I can. That would be an abuse of authority. I do not operate that way. The list of names were tabled by the other 2 committee members and I just made sure that we deliberated the names on the list as best we can.

My point to you and other parents who seem offended by my stance is that there is no need for the backdoor. If your child is good he will make it on merit. One of the reasons why our players do not do well in International arenas is because of the intervention of well meaning parents who want easy entries for their child. This fosters corruption among the officials. I hope you can understand.

I have explained as best I can about what happened at our training and what happened after as is within my rights and I will not mention it again.

All my best to you and family.

PS: Please note the difference between a public official as in PICA and FGM which is a legal private entity. Both of which confer different rights and different responsibilities. During my time in PICA, FGM was not in existence.

No comments:

Post a Comment