Monday, April 23, 2012

Storyline in a nutshell.

During Asian Youth 2011, I looked at the level of competition there and felt that there was the possibility that our National Juniors were not too far off the current levels of our IM's. I talked about it there and I spoke to the Juniors when I got back. Some agreed but many didn't. I felt the gap was around maybe 1 or 2 years of correct training. But there was a proviso.

The first was that they needed to believe that they can. Then we need to train to remove the inconsistencies and come up with the right strategy. And so that was what FGM's SEA games training was about. To test if my theory was right. And the results were even better than I expected.

And so Jimmy, Peter Long and friends needed to attack. The results showed very clearly that their time is almost up. No more free trips and no more illusions to hide their nakedness. Their small bag of tricks were vanishing. To my surprise I found that the rot went all the way to the top. Even MCF colluded to punish the only junior player to break the glass ceiling at the senior squad.

That is why they need the arbitrary powers to change the Malaysian squad. Mok was brought back in although he lost selection. He even elbowed Sumant out of the Malaysian SEA games team training at Malaysian open. So how did Jimmy and Mok get to decide the Malaysian Team constitution? Why didn't Greg stop this but instead allowed it and the rumour that Sumant was going to get kicked out of SEA games squad to fester?

Why did Najib write more and more strident posts about the right to ban arbitrarily and that I could not coach because I do not play chess? Afterall my results are much better than his. And the juniors chose me to train under and not him or Greg or anyone else.

The job of a Coach is very different from that of a trainer. There are tons and tons of evidence in sports here and all over the world. So it's a very pathetic attempt by people bankrupt of ideas.

So the juniors cannot be allowed to decide for themselves. Their parents cannot be allowed to decide for themselves. You must either go to those people who cannot produce results or we ban you. Isn't that the message?

If my methods are useless the juniors will know how to leave and not waste their time. And now you have seen played out in real life how the glass ceiling is set and who are the "players" involved.

No comments:

Post a Comment