Tuesday, April 24, 2012

How much it costs to be GM vs the pledge.

Ref: Here.

According to Eddy, it costs around RM200k to develop a GM. I am not sure how he arrived at this computation and his working assumptions but I do know how much it cost to develop a national junior from my own pocket. And it is not a small amount.

And so I do not feel I need permission from the "Sentinels" of Malaysian chess. People like Jimmy, Peter Long, Najib etc. etc. how I spend my money, who I want to coach my son? Or feel I should need their blessing should my son or any one else want to do the GM run.

Lets have a quick look at this post. Here.http://selangorchess.blogspot.com/2012/04/spirit-of-selangor-open-tournament.html

While acknowledging that the Selangor Open is a good tournament, I cannot help but wonder if these people are totally stuck in the past. Nobody is trying to take away the players past achievements but it is today and the role they play in it that is relevant. Have you noticed that they have not even addressed any issues raised on my blog?

They have not addressed the FGM training even after I published the letter from Air Asia and put up the accounts. I even brought a Jimmy cohort to meet one of the parents and they still deny the truth. The fact that the parents had to pay a lot for for Asean the next year without training and they don't even blink. They even attack the players and parents in broad daylight and not one of them have raised the issues. So many many trangressions and they close their eyes. Even Peter making national policies. And it is so easy to find out the truth.

So where is their integrity or credibility?

As they say they see the splinter in my eye but they cannot see the logs in theirs. And so these "Sentinels" will have a say on who your next President will be. They will tell you that your child can only play for the Country, at least at the senior level,  if they pass their "test".


Now remember that these people do not recognise any damage done by them or their cohorts.

So I think it is safe to say that the progress of your child is dependent on how you kowtow to them. And there is no rhyme or reason to their demands. And according to Eddy the same song has been sung for 35 years and it has brought no real results.

The fact is that there are now in place a systematic policy of intimidation and sabotage. My point. If you kowtow to intimidation, the player will never make that GM run where it is all about the winning mindset and mental strength under adversity. In fact the damage to them will be lifelong and affect every other area of their life.

The juniors today are better than all those has beens. That is my conviction. But they are sytematically sabotaged. And I think they and you also know that. That is why they cannot allow FGM to continue. Notice they have not addressed any real issues. Can you see that?

I have challenged them to meet in clean tournaments. Simple isn't it? If your system is better, you will win. But they dare not take up the challenge. They ban or threaten to ban instead. They talk about past glories, they deflect and they lie.

So my pledge is that FGM will commit RM500 to a fund to bring a test case to the courts. For me it is a small amount compared to the investments I have already made and the ones I will make in the future. If you feel a test case is the way then I ask you to write to me and make that pledge too.

All I need is a pledge for now. We can discuss the details for disbursement later. Use the email on the side of this blog to keep your identity confidential.

The parents and the players require their dignity back if we are to succeed. We cannot be held hostage like this.

All we should need to do is to follow proper rules. And so we need to know where the boundaries are. And that cannot be done by appealing for justice from MCF. That has been tried for many many years. It does not work.

No comments:

Post a Comment