Tuesday, January 15, 2013

What kind of MCF do we want?

I know I said that I will write about the upcoming presentation of accounts at the AGM yesterday but I felt we should explore this idea first. The accounts is not going anywhere.

So what kind of MCF do we want? But even before that, what kind of President do we want for MCF? Do we want a President that only gives us a few fish from time to time? Do we want a President that gives us fish all the time so we don't have to do anything at all? Or do we want a President who will support programs that teach us how to fish?

I think we need to be very clear on this before we can proceed. What kind of leader that can take us to where we want to go? What happens if we get a new President and then find that nothing has changed but the list of cronies? Just different names doing the same thing.

Personally I prefer a President that will be fair to all, will follow the rules and apply it in the right places. I prefer a President that will be open to new ideas to improve. I prefer a President that will engender a vibrant climate for Malaysian chess. I hear some say that I am an idealist but I don't think that is very accurate. Yes, I do have ideals but I hope it is always grounded in reality.

That is why I also ask for the activation of the State Affiliates at the AGM. I hope there will be debates. I hope that the voting will be open so we know who stands where on all the many issues facing us in the struggle to improve Malaysian chess. Checks and balances. Ref: Here.

That's all for today. I will try to follow this with the continuation of the series tomorrow if time permits. I just wanted to say this first.

No comments:

Post a Comment