Monday, March 24, 2014

What is the cost of winning at any cost?


Psychology Today.
"Those who would eschew morality in favor of victory should consider something else that Vince Lombardi said near the end of his life about the "winning isn't everything, it's the only thing" quote: "I wished I'd never said the thing...I meant the effort. I meant having a goal. I sure didn't mean for people to crush human values and morality."

Read this. Here.

What do we lose when we use lies and slander? What do we lose when we cheat and fix matches? What do we lose when we ban players we feel are threats? What kind of players will we produce from this system? Can they really be strong that way? Can they be strong when they fear to compete without their crutches? What is the International platforms like, outside our bubble?

No comments:

Post a Comment