Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Training Tiger Dragons: Everytime I train, I may die...

About 2 weeks back I spent an evening with an old friend Omar. He is a man of wide experience, well travelled and a photographer. He was telling me of his conversations and his photographing of some great names in F1 etc.

One conversation he mentioned made me sit up. I think he was quoting Valentino Rossi who said every time he went to practice he takes the attitude that he may die. That was his dedication to his craft at the cutting edge.

To me you only train when you think you can win, when you believe in yourself, when you are confident and willing to pay the price.

Malaysian chess needs to look at training for it to prosper. That is the only way for tiger dragons to be born.

No comments:

Post a Comment