Thursday, July 19, 2012

Well done Peter.

Ref: Here.

A circumspect piece. No boundaries are crossed as far as I am concerned. You display a better grasp of the rules of engagement in business. Don't open a door if you don't want the other party to go there too. Never make it easy for them to win. We also learn that from chess don't we?

And I am glad you are now seeing that Chess does not exist in a different Universe. You may not be totally lost after all.

While I don't agree with your opinions, I can respect it. You see Peter, you actually have some skills. I have noted the way you train and it shows an understanding that is much closer to the chess of today than Jimmy or Mok's. Yee Weng also shows that same understanding.

Every time your name is mentioned in my circle, and in an uncomplimentary way, I keep reminding them that you do have skills but you just lack any emotional control. Perhaps you are just ill suited as a front man and you do not have the temperament to teach Juniors. Ergo you cannot take pressure. Maybe you are better suited as a second to a more seasoned fighter. But most people just can't see beyond the insults that you have hurled upon them in the past. It will take time for that to heal. Just don't keep reminding them.

My feedback is that your sponsor is doing the last waltz with you. So do a good job at the KL Open. There will be fresh eyes there and you will be judged purely on your merit. Remember not to repeat past mistakes for that will cloud the issues again.

All my best

No comments:

Post a Comment