Sunday, August 29, 2010

Advice on MCF

I received advice from a friend from Penang during the merdeka rapid not to criticise MCF. I did not have time to answer properly so I'll answer here.

I made a stand on what I will accept in a partnership and what I will not. I will not accept backstabbing as a MCF norm and an alliance that leads nowhere. I do not want to look back after a few years of hard work and see that we have built nothing. That we are still in the same place.

I told another friend this. When people still care, one of the byproducts is sometimes anger. Think on this. What do you do when you no longer give a damn?

But I criticise openly. I do not hide and hit out in the dark. The purpose is to look at our weaknesses in order to improve. I have no personal animosity towards anyone in MCF. I still maintain cordial relationships on a personal level.

But I will not work with them under those terms. Why should I? Why should I repeat the same mistakes that have been practiced for so many years and that have produced so little results.

In my evaluation we have made good progress in our ability to host tournaments but little else. We need to think with congruence and synergy. What about our development programs? Our piecemeal approach is not taking us anywhere. So in that sense MCF has failed.

We need to learn to work in partnership and not tear down one another. We need to be result and not ego driven.

So thank you for your advice my friend from Penang but this will remain my stand. I will work in partnership if MCF can give assurances that the fiasco behind Asean is put to rest. That they understand what it means to partner but not otherwise.

2 comments:

  1. Raymond, we have to put a stand in the real world. We blog what is right, we critise, we cut, we comment on reality.. but why should we be afraid of backlash from MCF.
    MCF is form by us, they are our representatives but if they act any differently then we remove them as we can elect them.
    The POWER IS US NOT THEM

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's the same case when goverment servants become the lords or when the lunatics take over the asylum. Things out of order.

    ReplyDelete