Saturday, August 7, 2010

Chicken or the egg?

The issue is generosity of spirit.

Shortly after forming the company with Dato Hisham, I was offered a position to join Mr Yan in Syuen. So I consulted Dato. Dato told me to take up the offer. It was a fantastic opportunity to deepen my understanding of how the construction industry worked. And I only got to know Yan because his people tendered for one of Dato's projects.

Dato didnt feel I would be disloyal to him by joining Syuen. It was all about understanding our business. In fact we continued where we left off after my time with Syuen.

To me that is a fantastic expression of self confidence. So my question is, is that type of self confidence a product of getting results without the shortcuts? Can that generosity of spirit exist without this type of confidence? Which comes first, the results or the generosity of spirit?

No comments:

Post a Comment