Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Olympiad Dream Team.

This is one view. Here.

I am in general agreement. However my personal view for Presidents choice is Yee Weng. These are my reasons. Yee Weng's game is the closest we have to a modern game and preparation and he has given a good account of himself in his recent International outings for Malaysia. He is also a stable personality and not selfish in sharing.

I think we need to look to the Juniors/not so Junior now for that GM and Yee Weng will be a good Captain that can give proper guidance and provide a strong anchor for them.

If there is a 6th place under President's choice, then I think Nabil deserves a place too. My personal feeling is that with a little guidance and some minor tweaking he too will become a powerful force.

Perhaps an official can sacrifice their place to Nabil for the good of Malaysian chess. We should use this opportunity to start building for a new and winning future.

ps: Actually in certain scenarios Li Tian is a powerful addition. His drawish weapons is good to fight GM's. Roshan's win/lose weaponry may not fire too well at higher levels. But that will be for the Captain to strategise at the front line. A heavy responsibility but I think Yee Weng will deliver.

No comments:

Post a Comment